Unique Restaurant / Cafe and Cellar Door plus Separate Residence Cowra
Turnover: $328,000 average over last 4 years
This really is something quite special with an established income and the potential to do more. The Quarry - built and established in 1980 sells wine from 6 local vineyards and is known for providing wonderful fresh local produce.This amazing opportunity includes:
• Set on 1.288 hectares, 5km south of Cowra
• Built in 1979 - double brick with a soaring pyramid shaped roof
• Evaporative cooling, fireplace and gas heating
• Restaurant seats up to 65 increasing to 100 when combined with the cellar door
• Commercial kitchen with 2 gas ovens, 6 gas burners & large char-grill, dishwasher, walk-in cool room, freezer and more
• Adjacent to the restaurant - added in 1998
• Underfloor heating & fireplace
• Can be closed off for smaller functions
• Dual usage as lounge and bar area for the restaurant
• Lovely tree-covered courtyard for alfresco dining
• Large lawn area and established gardens, perfect for weddings and large functions
• Plenty of space for a marquee for a dance floor
• Currently leased for $1733/month
• Built in 1983 - double brick with an insulated galvanized iron roof & cathedral ceiling
• Underfloor heating throughout, gas heating in the open plan living area & evaporative cooling
• Main bedroom with walk-in robe & ensuite, 2 bedrooms with built-ins, main bathroom and office
• Kitchen replaced in 2014 - both bathrooms have been refurbished
• Living area opens to a lovely courtyard, gardens & lawn overlooking an in-ground pool with new security fencing
• 2-car Colorbond garage with extra storage area
Already boasting multiple income streams, this great package also offers plenty of potential.
The venue is already used for weddings and functions, and this side of the business would be expanded.
The off-site catering service could be re-ignited, as there is a huge demand for catering for larger events.
The current owners concentrated more on the restaurant over the last few years so there is great potential to improve the cellar door and increase revenue there. There is also the possibility of longer operating hours.