50 Stephen Street, Camp Hill, Queensland 4152
Deceased Estate on 739m2A Property of Significant Historical Importance
Architect Arthur Bligh (now Bligh Voller Neild Architects) was commissioned by the current owner's parents in the mid 1930's to design an adventurous departure from the traditional timber aesthetic. Taking inspiration from the Spanish revival style, 50 Stephen Street was at the forefront of affordable architectural innovation, providing features and design elements not previously seen in suburban Brisbane.
A delightful property in original condition now provides the perfect framework for a new generation to make its mark. Positioned in a street with high calibre homes, every aspect of this prestigious location
presents a fabulous opportunity for a fresh beginning.
- 3 spacious bedrooms with French doors
- Exquisite steel framed windows offer flow through ventilation
- Open loggia type veranda now an enclosed sun room with solid timber entry doors
- Living room with working fireplace constructed by a master bricklayer from London
- Separate Dining Room with feature timber cabinetry
- Bathroom with the original Terrazzo floor
- Dark polished timber floors, high ceilings and intricate cornices
- Cavity brick construction offers superior insulation qualities
- Established gardens with small tool shed
Brisbane' s CBD, major regional shopping centres, quality educational facilities, expansive parklands, boutique restaurants, coffee shops and public transport are moments away. Seize the opportunity to acquire a rare piece of Camp Hill's past. The family's instructions are clear Must Be Sold to finalise the estate.
Note: Fryer Library Manuscript UQFL465 Bligh, Jessup, Bretnall and Partners Architectural Drawing and Photograph of 50 Stephen Street, Camp Hill Brisbane , c 1935.
- Bedroom: 3
- Bathrooms: 1
- Land Size: 739 m2 (approx)
- Garden Shed
- Open Fireplace
House Links / Tools
This listing last updated: 22nd Dec 2014