Behind the picket fence, far from the noise and the fuss of daily life, is a pretty, private and thoroughly charming haven of peace and quiet. Set on 811m2, the house is cocooned amongst tall shade trees and absolutely delightful cottage gardens with the prettiest of outlooks from every room. Tastefully renovated, the crisp white interior with plenty of natural light adds to the cottage feel and is beautifully balanced with a shady front verandah and sunny patio.
- 4 bedrooms, two with built in robes, all with fans
- Renovated kitchen and open plan dining adjoining the patio
- Large formal lounge room with fireplace and feature skylight
- Renovated bathroom and laundry plus 2nd toilet
- Shady south facing verandah and two sunny north facing patios
- Double carport plus 6mx3.5m powered & insulated shed / workshop
- Beautiful and colourful cottage gardens with plenty of shade trees
- Fully fenced for kids and pets and set amongst other quality homes
- Rainwater tanks and septic (not pump out) to keep running costs down
- Close to so many picturesque walks, drives and iconic eateries
Right in the heart of the Hinterland the village of Flaxton, sitting between Montville just 2.5km away, and Mapleton. It borders the Kondalilla National Park with its well-known walking trails at Kondalilla Falls, thte iconic Flaxton Gardens reception and restaurant destination and popular Devonshire tea haunts, arts and crafts and collectables. It has the feeling of having been taken back to a gentler time where neighbours become friends, where gardens thrive under loving care and where a fire softens the cooler climate the hinterland offers.
Local shopping can be done at the IGA in Mapleton 6.5km away or larger shopping centres, railway, medical facilities, cinemas and more are just 14km away in Nambour.
The quality built home has been in the family for 38 years, having been built by the current owner's father. Recent updates include the kitchen, bathroom and laundry, including the addition of a second toilet. There are two larger bedrooms with built in robes with 2 smaller rooms ideal for a study, guest room or a craft room with a sunny double French doors to its own patio. For the hobbyist there is also a wonderful shed with insulation and plenty of power points measuring 6m x 3.5m, and while it doesn't have vehicle access there is a wide pathway giving good access along the side of the house.
Fabulous red volcanic soil, higher rainfall and the more temperate climate of the Hinterland will make any gardener smile and there is plenty of lovely fresh rainwater in the 22,000Lt tank. Unlike some houses in Flaxton, the enviro septic means no expensive pump out bills, keeping running costs down.
Some houses have a way of making you feel calm and relaxed, and this is most certainly one with that ability. Once you come you won't want to leave, pull up a chair put the kettle on and relax!